Are you worried you’re in labor?
When you are in your final month of pregnancy you are eager to have your baby and everything make’s you think you’re in labor.
A simple kick sends a quick pain to your back and you think its the first contraction.
You feel your lady region ache and immediately think its starting to contract.
Your stomach starts to cramp and what typically is gas you are now imagining is labor.
Did you get labor socks (these are adorbs!)
I had NO CLUE what Labor pains were. Honestly, Did you know you can have back labor or belly labor?
When I went to the doctor for all of those visits, she never once told me hey Darcy, here is when you call me. Or this is when you go to the hospital. As a matter of fact, she suggested we induce a week early.
(I should have taken her up on her offer, turns out I was in the hospital on that day anyways…. read more here)
I sat in Breastfeeding class and thought for a minute, am I in labor? Turns out, it was braxton hicks.
If you planned on the Hollywood Movie “oh my gosh my water broke, rush to the hospital scene” know this is not the case for everyone. I do however suggest you are already packed for the hospital a month in advance.
These are the 5 +1 SHOCKING signs you are approaching the big delivery day for your baby.
- During your doctor appointments they tell you, the baby is head down, you are dilated, your cervix is softening.
- The baby has dropped as low as you think they can go! Just when you think the baby cannot be any closer to your bladder, they can!
- THIS SHOCKED ME – I didn’t believe it when I heard it. Its TRUE! You will look and feel like you are a little sick. Suddenly the glow isn’t a glow its a light look of tired. I remember sitting in my car that morning trying to apply extra eye makeup, blush to freshen up my face with no luck. That was a CLEAR sign and my water broke 18 hours later.
- Your water breaks – This can happen in your sleep with a little break and you won’t have a clue. A good sign if this happens is the need to run to the bathroom however this far along, you are probably already doing this.
- Your Mucus plug detaches. This is what they call the bloody show. I didn’t know my water broke, but when this happened I decided it was time to get in the shower and get ready before I head to the hospital.
- Consistent Contractions. If you are worried you have braxton hicks, they are typically inconsistent. My labor was in my back and started off 20 minutes apart. It woke me from my sleep before my water broke.
Good luck Mama! Make sure you are ready for the big return home. Lots of love, your labor will be amazing!