Yes, my first blogging experience has resulted in 21k page views in 45 days.
And I’m still learning!
This is the first post of a series on blogging, not and end-all solution or answer. If it was that easy, I would have written it all already. At the end, you’ll find instant tips to start today!
Why did you start blogging?
Was it a hobby turned profession or a passion to have lifestyle and financial freedom?
I needed a social outlet for my new Mommy Life and a burning desire to re-establish my work from home, entrepruenial lifestyle.
So where do we start to get us to full time status and the same success we read about over and over again?
Much like you, I accept that a full time career in blogging doesn’t happen over night.
I am guessing you want to help expedite that as quick as possible just like me. A Goal Crusher!
Here’s my history….
Over 19 years spent in corporate America, 15 of them in Sales, Sales Management & Coaching.
4 of those years were spent in Digital Marketing. Search Engine Optimization and Social Media sound familiar to anyone?
2 years ago, a friend had told me about the endless opportunities with blogging. She offered to build a site for me, for free if I produced 20 pieces of content. At the time I was 6 months pregnant and couldn’t focus on anything but navigating a first time pregnancy.
Until just 3 months ago, I made the big leap from Corporate America to pursue Working from Home. I often make big bold decisions on a whim and this was absolutely one of them.
Here’s what I did once I decided to start blogging….
Researched and read the same blogs you did on blogging.
Considered taking the same courses you did on blogging.
Spoken with other Bloggers to figure out what they are doing.
ONCE I FIGURED OUT THAT EVERYONE DOES SOMETHING DIFFERENTLY…..
I went back to my first friend who told me about blogging and said okay NOW WHAT?!
Here is exactly what I did starting July 13…
- I built a blog in 7 days.
- I established myself on Social Media by day 14.
- I launched 13 pieces of quality content on my site by day 18.
- I continued the infamous 80% marketing 20% content creation through the end of my first month.
- I applied basic SEO Strategies to my website and all social media platforms.
What did July’s work carry out in August?
- 21,164 Site Views
- 17,177 Visitors
- 98% of visitors are in the United States, Canada or UK
- 86% of visitors from Pinterest, 2 viral pins
- 302 Pinterest followers with 359.3 monthly views and 9.6% engagement
- 1,010 Instagram followers
- 1,100 Twitter followers
- 303 Facebook likes
I set no goals for August other than to “figure it out.” I continued to push myself through everything.
HERE IS AN ANSWER TO ALL OF YOUR DOUBT
I did not only use tailwind. I did not set pins and forget about them. I did not pay someone for followers or likes. I did not hire someone who has already done this. If you think I am lying, then you don’t know me at all. Honest, straightforward and friendly is how I roll.
So how do you make sure you’ve set yourself up for success?
Have you ever wondered if you have everything you need on your website?
Or how you can get something on your website that someone else has? Me TOO!
I’m a goal crusher, an entrepreneur, first time mom and messy-bun-hair don’t care kind of woman.
Let’s do this together!
I know you want details and its coming. In the next 14 days I will be posting
- Top 10 reasons you are not getting traffic to your website
- Building your blog for TRAFFIC
- How to build your blog in 7 days
- How to build your social media branding and followers
- How to build your site traffic in 30 days
I highly suggest subscribing if you want to catch it all. If you haven’t gotten over 10k views in a month we can change that together!
Immediate traffic boosting suggestions –
- Engage in worthwhile Facebook groups now. There are a lot out there and if you aren’t consistently engaging it won’t work. Want a list?
- Post a minimum of 1 post a week that directly relates to another one you have written! If you don’t have 15 on your site – keep writing until its there. Need blog topic ideas?
- Do not rely on just BoardBooster and Tailwind for your pinterest! You need to know what the audience is looking for and how else will you get familiar with what people are reading and pinning if you aren’t actively involved!!! Pin 40-50 times a day. Need pinterest advice?
- Write for your audience. No one wants to just hear you rant about your life other than your friends. Right now your readers aren’t your friends. They need help and advice, isn’t that why you read this?
- If you don’t make it emotional – they won’t read it. What blog post do you think got the most views?
- If you are still reading – here is what I used for a majority of my pinterest strategies and added in some automation with Tailwind – keep in mind, tailwind was not my only strategy and the book helped me get there.
The Reality of a First Time Pregnancy or Poopy Picasso ………. Poopy Picasso did not go viral has less than 200 views but it made me laugh so I wrote it. No one cares about my childs poop but me. Amazing concept!
If you haven’t caught on yet… just subscribe and I’ll share ALL of my tips and tricks. LOL…