3 Top Rated Products for Worry-Free Air Travel with your Toddler
Air Travel with your toddler as a first time mom can be one of the scariest moments if you aren’t prepared. I prepared the same way you are searching through pins and asking friends what they did that worked. I have an extensive list of how we made it through just Mommy and Son with a 3 hour flight here.
Every toddler is unique however 3 things remain the same. They want comfort, a feeling of independence and reassurance in their choices. Understanding these fundamental needs I can clearly see why we had such an amazing trip and flight to visit our family.
This post does contain affiliate links to the products I mention below. For more information please refer to our disclosure.
The top 3 recommendations for Air Travel I can without a doubt say contributed to our success include;
CARES – Child Safety Harness
Since day 1 with my son I have invested and reviewed product safety and traveling was no different. After realizing that his car seat may not fit and he finds himself frustrated being in it for long periods of time I knew there had to be a better alternative.
I found the CARES Child Safety Harness that is FAA approved for children between 22 and 44lbs, upto 40 inches tall and sitting in their own seat.
WHY you must have the CARES Child Safety Harness
- Easiest way to get through the airport! Imagine having to carry around a car seat, stroller and a diaper bag. It fits in a little carry case you can throw in your purse.
- It allows your child to feel like they are grown up and have their own area on the plane reducing the tantrums you can face from the thought of hours in a car seat.
- When boarding the plane you won’t feel hassled to move faster, fit between the aisles and hope for a friendly person to come to your aide.
Kolcraft Cloud Umbrella Stroller
It is not necessary to take your 100 lb stroller through an airport for your child’s comfort. If you are traveling alone think easy and light. Even when we were traveling with Dad the 100 lb stroller was more hassle than its worth.
After researching and coming to the conclusion I didn’t need the most expensive stroller on the block like I have for him at home I settled on the Kolcraft Cloud Umbrella Stroller and I couldn’t have been happier!
WHY you must have an Umbrella stroller and WHY Kolcraft
- There was one simple function for assembly that you cannot mess up.
- Extremely light weight at 9 lbs
- Small cargo area on the bottom that you can put a easy to reach items in
- Cup holder! Mom needs her coffee!
- The ride was comfortable and I was able to manage the stroller and two rolling suitcases!
- My son was able to climb in and out on his own
- The back has a ventilation portion if your child runs hot or you are going to a hotter climate as we were.
- The Sun Shade if your child is falling asleep or hates the sun in their eyes had more than ample coverage that wasn’t too bulky for packing away.
- SIMPLE TIP: DON’T FORGET THE CARRYING BAG TO CHECK AT THE GAME, VERY HELPFUL WITH CARRYNG HANDLES!
You can find the stroller here.
Backpack Diaper Bag with convenience pockets!
The name of the game is Hands Free! Your Child will be running all over the airport! Its exciting, its new! Make that diaper bag for both of you and pack your purse.
Here is how I did it – Umbrella stroller, Backpack Diaper Bag, Rolling 4 wheel carry on suitcase. It sounds like a lot however I had my purse in the carry on suitcase and my wallet and necessities in the diaper bag. The suitcase handle was the same height as the handle on the umbrella stroller and we cruised through the airport with no problems.
WHY you must have a Backpack Diaper Bag
- Hands Free mama
- Front and side compartments that you can access easily for toys and snacks while on the plane and its under the seat in front of you
- Expandable room as compared to a standard bag that will be bulky under your arm
Air Travel can be fun with your toddler, if you are still worried please read everything I had with us to make it that much more peaceful.