Morning Routines that actually work for Mom and the Baby!
Whether you are a Working Mom, Stay at home Mom or a Work from home Mom, your Morning Routine sets the tone for your day.
I could give you a list of 20 things that will help you have a smooth morning with your baby or toddler. Or I can give you the 3 things that make or break any morning. Personally, if I try to accomplish 20 things it never works.
3 Step Stress Free Morning Routine For Mom’s
How I start off my day with a little more ease than I used to have!
Always wake up before your kid’s
I know this sounds difficult! You probably think I am crazy because we need every last minute of sleep we can get. Think for a minute about your life before kids. When you were running late in the morning headed to work or an appointment, recall how stressful that was and how it impacted your mood.
If you need time to get ready in the morning, I suggest determining how much time, plus 30 minutes. You never know if your baby will wake up early, you don’t like your outfit for the day or you just need that extra time to sip your coffee and scroll through Facebook.
Prepare the night before
Personally, I am exhausted and ready to hit the pillow as soon as I put my toddler down. Little things like having your outfit ready for the next day, your diaper bag packed for the kiddo and light housework such as dishes and picking up around the house make a HUGE DIFFERENCE!
On the weekends I complete all the laundry and set out outfits for myself for the whole week. That has helped me immensely. I have a few other weekend tricks up my sleeve that I will share soon!
Eat a nutritional breakfast every morning
If you weren’t a breakfast lover in the past, I highly suggest you become one. There are huge benefits to this:
- Increased Energy – Did you know if you eat the right breakfast it’ll kickstart your day and last longer than the energy from a cup of coffee?
- Cognitive Function – Breakfast restores glucose levels which is essential for brain function! It’s not all exhaustion – it’s also nourishment keeping you from a rockstar morning!
- Only time to eat by yourself – Let’s face it – When was the last time you had a meal where you weren’t rushed, worrying that your family had what they needed or second guessing what you cooked in the first place? The struggle is real.
This post is sponsored by Frozen Garden. All opinions expressed are my own.
In my house – I am a smoothie lover! I include them in my mornings now and it has made a huge impact on my days! Typically you struggle trying to find the right recipe or having all the ingredients. Well Mom’s, I’ve got some GREAT NEWS! Frozen Garden has you covered!
Frozen Garden’s ready-to-blend green smoothies make it easy to nourish your body with dark leafy greens. You just open the freezer, grab a pouch, and blend.
Why Frozen Garden’s vs. store bought smoothies
- It’s delivered to your door! YES, I had mine delivered and it stayed frozen from shipment until I placed it in my freezer (7 days!)
- HUGE Health benefits! 100% whole food and NO added sugar! Remember those glucose levels I mentioned earlier, there’s no need to spike those for a crash later in the day!
- DELICIOUS! You can absolutely notice the difference and flavors. I felt as if the flavor came to life in EACH of the smoothies I tried.
Stock your Freezer!
Open, Blend, Enjoy!